We are happy to announce that SMIT "CREATOR" members were participating in the Training Course project called Compass Human Rights Education for Youth co-ordinated by ASAP Europe.
It is an Erasmus+ Key Action 1 Mobility of youth workers project (training course). It will be held in Fasano (Puglia), Italy, from 18 to 26 February 2015, and involve 24 youth workers from 8 Erasmus Plus Programme countries (Italy, Uk, Poland, Lithuania, Macedonia, Greece, Romania and Latvia) as well as a team experts logistical and management support workers. The training course focuses on the Council of Europe’s Human Rights Education Programme – Compass, and the Compass HRE Manual.
- To share and review good practice in human rights education in partner countries
- To develop participants’ competences in human rights education
- To train participants in using the Compass HRE Manual
- To increase the quality of future Erasmus Plus projects
- To mainstream human rights education in youth work
- To strengthen partnerships among partner organisations
The project will be based on non-formal learning methods, including small group work, team-building activities, multimedia presentations, role play and social theatre. It will draw on Council of Europe’s educational resources, notably the Compass HRE Manual (2012 edition)
The project’s main outcomes: increased competences of participants in facilitating
human rights education and the strengthened capacity of partner organisations. The course will have a strong multiplying effect as participants will organize local follow-up projects on human rights education in their home countries.